This spring Shaw TV came to visit the Marr and caught up with Della, Sue, and Lauren. The Marr is featured throughout the program, starting from times 3:58, 11:23, 19:44, and 27:44.
The Marr Residence is the oldest house in Saskatoon still standing on its original site. Built by Alexander (Sandy) Marr in 1884, it was one of the first substantial houses to appear in the original Temperance Colony of Saskatoon. Mr. Marr brought his wife and family west; drawn by the lure of homestead land and a chance to make a living in the new colony. The house and property was acquired by the City of Saskatoon in 1979 and restored to show what domestic life was like in early Saskatoon. Today, the house also features an exhibit on the relationships between settlers and First Nations during the Northwest Resistance of 1885. A second floor bedroom is dedicated to telling the story of the use of the house as a Field Hospital during the Resistance.
The Marr house and garden is open for programs, workshops and tours throughout the year. Further information can be obtained by calling 652-1201 or by checking the events calendar to the right. Admission is by donation.